Embedded CSE (eCSE) support provides funding to the ARCHER user community to develop software in a sustainable manner for running on ARCHER. Examples of topics covered by eCSE projects could be:
- Implementation of algorithmic improvements within an existing code
- Improving the scalability of software on higher core counts
- Improvements to code which allows new science to be carried out
- Porting and optimising a code to run efficiently on ARCHER
- Adding new functionalities to existing codes
- Code development to take a code from a Tier-2 (Regional) to Tier-1 (National) level bringing new communities onto ARCHER.