Ekmekcioglu, Cuna. (2010). Research computing consultation, 2007 [Dataset]. University of Edinburgh. Information Services. http://dx.doi.org/10.7488/ds/89.
The aim of this consultation is to identify and analyse, from the perspective of the staff, the research computing support service requirements across the University, and to inform the development of IS services in the research computing area.
The objectives of the consultation phase of the research computing are:
* To ensure that Information Services has a good understanding of the research computing support service requirements across the University.
* To identify the level of support required for existing services and the critical services which do not exist but should be established.
* To carry out a full requirements gathering exercise across the University which will include:
- computational infrastructure (including high performance throughout computing, storage and networking),
- support for operating environments, middleware, virtual eResearch environments and portals being developed nationally,
- data storage and management services, including assured backup,
- support for collaborative research environment,
- support for visualisation and information discovery,
- support for research software,
- other services which may arise as a result of consultations.
* To inform the development of IS services in the research computing area.